Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I totally won an award for not being stalked by you guys.



So Scary Carrie over at The Travelin-gineer gave me the Liebster Award. What? Yeah I know, I'm kind of a big deal. Or, I have less than 200 "followers" and she felt bad for me. Regardless, it's awesome and she rocks for doing that.

Also, feel free to "follow me" (sidebar). I have, like, 18 people following me. That makes my heart sad. OR I just realized that that's a thing (being followed) and I'm kind of really honored that 18 people want to follow me at all. Thanks, guys! Plus, I was just excited that the pageviews things was high, and was feeling all happy about that, and now I realize that people can follow me, too, and that that's a thing? What? This is all very stressful. 

Anyway, let's get down to it. I was asked 11 Questions by Scary Carrie and so I feel obliged to answer them because of all of the award-having and such. So here goes nothing: 

Questions Asked to Me

1. What's the weirdest Halloween costume you've ever had?
Uh, I was The Log Lady in middle school. Don't know who she is? For shame. She was awesome and so was Twin Peaks. Also, I got to wear a sweater and carry a log, two things that aren't uncommon in October in Michigan. Don't be jealous of my life. 

Can you see the resemblance? 


2. Which high school stereotype were you? (nerd, jock, cheerleader, etc.)
Ok, I know this sounds weird, but I'm not sure I fit any of them because I'm not very self-aware. Like, for example, I'm athletic, but I also play the violin. And my friends were all over the place in what they did, too. They were on the football team, basketball team, in National Honors Society, in theater. We were all over the place. Also, we were awesome. OR, we were giant losers and didn't know it. Remember when I was the Log Lady? You decide. 

3. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
Morning person for sure. Poor CB. 

4. What do you do when you have writer's block?
Um...I don't write anything. Also, then I usually go online and watch Tina Fey accept her Mark Twain award and, if I'm not inspired, at least I laugh a lot. No joke, I do this at least once a month. 

5.What's your favorite children's book?
The Giving Tree. OR The Missing Piece Meets the Big O (that sounds dirty but I swear it's not.)

6. What's one TV show you are embarrassed to like?
There are several, however, I believe I watch many shows that should embarrass me but don't. I'll admit, though, that I have recently watched three entire episodes of Married to Jonas and I'm really ashamed of myself. Like, for real. (also, new episode on Sunday!)

7.Where do you really want to visit?
Ireland. Greece. Fiji. My parents. My sister. My friends who live far, far away. Oh! And London. And Paris. And Brazil. And Tokyo. And China. And Iceland. And The Netherlands. And Costa Rica. And....

8. What is one way you consider your blog to be successful?
If people get a laugh here and there to help them through their day. 

9. What super power would you love to have?
Ok, for real, this question came up at the Christmas dinner table last year and I made the whole thing really tedious by explaining that I've never been able to come up with an answer to this question and it stresses me out. And then my family proceeded to name every super power they could think of just so I could tell them why I wouldn't want it until everyone at the table secretly hated me and my inability to just have fun with this question. Finally, after hours (for real), I decided that I would like my super power to be the ability to change super powers whenever I wanted. I'm a genius. Also, I'd like my super power to not be a complete pain in the you-know-what during every waking moment of my life. It's a tall order. 

10. Would you prefer to work in a circus or be an astronaut?
Is this even a real question? Obviously the astronaut one and the reason is twofold: (a) everyone is terrified of clowns, and by association, everything having to do with the circus (except cotton candy) and (b) Apollo 13 has been on a lot and I totally want to be an astronaut in the 60s. 




11. Why did you pick your topic for your blog?
Because I have an unusual amount of stories about my underpants. Obviously. 


Thanks again! I'm going to keep an eye out for other bloggers who are deserving (and not followed!) and will pass it along! 

Happy Tuesday!




29 comments:

  1. I don't ”follow” you, but I have you bookmarked. Does that count? I guess I didn't know that following was a thing, either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, totally counts! I'm flattered. Also, super glad I'm not the only one who didn't know what following was. Thanks for bookmarking me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally have you bookmarked, too - and I only have three bookmarks, so you should feel extra fancy!

      Delete
    2. Wow, I feel INCREDIBLY fancy - and honored! And a little terrified. I better bring my A game!

      Delete
  3. Hey look! --> now you have 19 followers! It's working!! Congrats! - on both! AND the super hero question is hard. I think I would like to ability to be a dragon... maybe... but maybe something else....

    nowthatiamitalian.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I ever forget about your Log Lady costume?? That. Was. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahah how could you forget???? Best. Costume. Ever.

      Delete
  5. Good answer. I completely agree, clowns are frickin' creepy and I completely spaced that while trying to come up with questions. (It might stem from the "oh crap, I have to write 11 things about myself and then come up with questions that others are probably too cool to care about anyway" thing).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your questions were awesome!!!!! Loved 'em. And thanks, again!!

      Delete
  6. I have four followers at my blog. It mightn't seem like many, but they are totally awesome, and the comment threads are much more interesting than the initial posts. Not surprisingly, these amazing ladies have become my dearest friends.

    Oh, and like Alison, I have you bookmarked because although I know following is a thing, I wouldn't have a clue how to do it. And I'm not game to try, just in case anyone realizes... um, I mean... thinks I'm stalking them.

    Anyway, I just wanted to say I like your blog, Becky. Where else would I have ever learned that there was a sequel to the Missing Piece? I loved that book; every time I eat a wedge of cake I sing "Oh, I'm lookin' for my missin' piece...." Yes, it does mean that I spray crumbs everywhere, but you get that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok so I just went to follow you and couldn't figure out how! Because I'm computer illiterate. :-) But I follow you! And I'm honored that you bookmark me! :-)

      Delete
  7. How odd. I posted a comment and it vanished. Just - vanished. The only explanation I can think of is that you have chocolate cake as the bait in your spam trap. If so, you're never going to get my comment out of there.

    Just in case I'm wrong, and my comment has instead nipped off down to the pub for a few bevvies, I should reiterate my previous sentiments. But I can't, as I forget what I said.

    Congrats on the award, Becky. It's even better than my 1985 Jelly Eating Champion medal. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, NOTHING is better than a Jelly Eating Champion medal! Nothing!

      (it's because I was slow to approve all comments last night...sorry!)

      Delete
  8. Congrats on your award! I'm one of the 18...ummm....make that 19 because someone else signed up for laughs too!

    http://authorgkadamsdotcom1.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! You were one of the first. :-)

      Delete
  9. Aha! I just figured out how to follow. I feel like this used to be a lot easier...to follow someone. Like, I didn't have to hunt around a page and google 'how to follow someone.'

    Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahahaha that's so awesome. Thanks!

      Delete
    2. Also, I love your blog. Your "not quite what I had in mind" post made me laugh out loud - the first sentence alone!

      Delete
    3. Haha, thanks! It's a really weird job.

      Delete
  10. Is "following" the same thing as the Email stalking thing? If it is - I totally just did that. But I've had you bookmarked for a hot minute. I'm always busy doing something completely insignificant, so when I get around to clicking your button, I know that I'm going to need my coffee, my smokes, and at least one change of underwear. . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I have absolutely no idea, but thanks regardless!!! So glad that I'm bookmarked! You're the best.

      Delete
    2. It's all very confusing. Makes me miss the Good Ol' Days when "following" someone meant LITERALLY following them. There's nothing like the feeling of the crisp night air in your lungs while you sit in a tree, wearing an adult diaper, dressed in all black with your binoculars, a box of Kleenex, and a package of hot dogs to keep the raccoons at bay. *sigh* . . . Damn you, technology!

      Delete
  11. I never "follow" anyone because I also am computer illiterate and don't know how, but I do have you bookmarked as well!! I think your writing and humor style is right up there with Lauren of Filing Jointly... Finally, The Bloggess, and Amalah! It's only a matter of time before you have as many followers as they do and I can say I "knew" you when! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, that's really nice of you to say, I'm flattered! That's a lot to live up to but I'll give it a shot! And thanks for bookmarking me!!

      Delete
  12. Bloggess linked you. That's how I found you. I predict you will have many followers, hopefully many others named Becky. The. best. unlikely to be uncommon, yet is. name. ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading (and commenting!) and for your very kind prediction! Also, totally agree: best. Name. Ever. Thanks, again!

      Delete
  13. I am watching the Log Lady right now! Well, I have her and her fellow Twin Peaks residents in the background as I catch up on my reading. Love your writing, truly. Happy SITS Day! Enjoy the comment love.

    Hanneke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's awesome! And thanks so much for visiting, I hope you come again!

      Delete