Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Funday Wrapup!


Friday Funday Wrapup! Let’s get to it.

So it can be a bit intimidating to walk around New York City this time of year, what with all of the goings on of Fashion Week. I walk out the door in SoHo and am surrounded by 6 foot tall models. Actually, I don’t even have to walk out the door because there’s a fashion studio in the building where I work and so they’re in the elevator with me on an almost daily basis.

I'm never going to find this
at the Gap. Thanks a lot, 
Fashion Week.
But this time of year you can’t escape ‘em. They’re like really well-dressed Gremlins. 

Also, CB keeps asking when he can come and “visit me” at work, but by “visit me” I think he means “ride the elevator all day long in the hopes of meeting Adriana Lima.” But I’m fine with that because she’s on his freebies list and I’d totally high five him and send him on his way if he got that opportunity. Good going, CB!

The downside to this time of year for me, though, is the fact that I still shop at the Gap and so I kind of maybe don’t quite have a leg up on all the latest fashion. Though, to be fair, Michael Kors is definitely still stalking me. The upside, however, is that it’s New York City. All I have to do to feel better about myself is walk around the block once or twice until I run into the guy who wears an ice cream cone hat and yellow pants and I’m all better. So, it’s a give and take with this town, really.

***

Maybe this would be better for a Monday, since we could all use a pick-me-up then, but really, couldn't we use one on any old day? Enjoy. 



***

I want to thank all of you who have emailed and commented on my post about kids earlier this week. I had no idea it lit such a fire under so many people! I must say, I'm lucky to be surrounded by some pretty adorable and really well-behaved (and non-organic) kids. But man, if I could blog about some of the stories you people have emailed me about in the last 24 hours, I'd for real be able to start my own "I'm not a mom but I have great mom stories" blog. Who knew?

Also, if getting your emails and comments wasn't enough of a reason to write this little blog of mine, the emails that I get from my father alone would suffice. I've laughed out loud several times regarding his comments about various things I've posted. And reading almost an entire email completely dedicated to the song "Call Me Maybe" is reason enough to keep blogging. 

***

Thanks for reading, everyone, Happy Friday! 





4 comments:

  1. HAHAHAH Love the video
    http://scubaranger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Becky. Just found your blog through Filing Jointly (which I found through The Bloggess, a common story I think!) I've only read a few of your posts but you are now bookmarked on my phone. I'll have to keep reading the archives until I figure out the story behind the name of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison, thanks for reading!!! I could easily tell you, but then what would be the fun in that? :-)

      Delete