Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Wrapup!


I can’t even think right now, you guys. I just offered my seat to a pregnant woman on the subway who wasn’t pregnant. So let’s just start the wrapup and pretend like that never happened.

***

So earlier this week, “The Flame” by Cheap Trick came on (obviously) while CB and I were sitting on the couch, and I started to sing along. Once the song ended, I continued to sing the song.

CB: “You know those aren’t the right lyrics, right?”
Me: “What? Those are totally the lyrics.”
CB, laughing: “You’re, like, not even close.”

Then he pulled up the lyrics on his phone.

CB: “Ok, start from the beginning.”
Me, starting to sing.
CB: “Uh…you got about half of those right…keep going.”
Me, getting to the chorus and starting to hum.
CB: “Wait, you can’t just start humming!”
Me: “But I don’t know this part!”
CB: “Do you even know the name of this song? It’s the whole chorus!”
Me: “I may not know it. But you have to give me credit for knowing the tune and singing on key.”
CB: “You get half credit. And you’re a nut.”

***

Speaking of singing along……..



***

This week’s Book of the Week is a tribute to the fact that I can’t run for a while since I’m all healing from trying to break my own ankle and stuff

However, as I said in the review, you don’t have to be a runner to appreciate and enjoy this book, especially if you’ve read anything else by Haruki Murakami in the past (“The Wind-up Bird Chronicle,” for one).

So, click here for the review and check out the rest of the blog for good summer reading inspiration!

***

And now, the Video of the Week.

I realize this won’t be everyone’s style, but I can’t stop listening to this song on repeat. The actual video for it, though, is kind of boring, so I decided to feature the live version here, which is also cleaner for all of you delicate listeners out there.

So, go out there and enjoy this gorgeous weather and the fact that it’s the weekend!

Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment