Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Funday Wrapup!

Ok, let's get right to it! It's the Friday Funday Wrapup!

So, remember earlier this week when the lower half of my body joined the navy?  Well, a friend of mine sent this to me and I think it's so fitting (1) because of the aforementioned joining of the military, obviously and (2) because the original video was the video of the week last week.

Also, let's get real. Watching a bunch of Navy guys dance around in their uniforms? Not a bad way to spend a Friday.

Enjoy!



***

One of my best and dearest friends (who corrects me when I refer to him as a friend and not family - my bad) participates in the New York City Walk with Us To Cure Lupus Walkathon each year. And I, as well as many other friends, family, and colleagues, have been walking along side him every year as well - and this year is no different.

An estimated 1.5 million Americans suffer from lupus, including my friend Matt, making the disease more common than leukemia, muscular dystrophy, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis and cystic fibrosis.

  • The exact cause of lupus is unknown
  • Lupus has no cure

As Matt so eloquently puts it, one of the biggest reasons he (and we) walk each year is to help ensure that his children won't have to deal with this disease in the future. And honestly, I can't think of a more important reason to walk and help raise awareness!

While Matt and his family deal with the realities of lupus every day, I use this as my opportunity to help show support. I know that economic times aren't easy for many, and that's entirely understandable. But if you feel compelled to donate, we will be eternally grateful. If not, I just appreciate you spreading the word to help raise awareness about this disease.

I usually save this blog platform for all things ridiculous and (hopefully) funny, but this is far too important to me not to mention. So, please click here to donate and/or learn more about ALR. And thank you!  


***

Ok, so I don't know about you guys, but this pretty much sums up how I feel on most Fridays!


                                      



***


And now for the video of the week! I mean, you really can't go wrong with Ben Folds Five and Fraggle Rock! Happy Friday AND last day of Summer, everyone! Go out there and enjoy the weekend!


















6 comments:

  1. I tried copying your button so I could place it on my blog, but it doesn't seem to work. I'd like to advertise for ya. It says the image was removed from photobucket and when I click on the box on my homepage, it directs me back to your blog, but I get an error. Can you fix and let me know?
    http://authorgkadamsdotcom1.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's so awesome of you, thank you! Ok, it should be all fixed so give it a shot and let me know! And thanks, again!

      Delete
    2. It works. Check it out... http://authorgkadamsdotcom1.wordpress.com/

      Delete
    3. Wow, you're awesome - thank you! I will return the favor next week!

      Delete
  2. I LOVED Fraggle Rock when I was little. My mom, on the other hand, wanted to take a shotgun to the tv when it came on. Now I sing the theme song to bug her because she's my mom and can't take a shotgun to me without getting in a lot of trouble.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that's so awesome. AND so true. I loved Fraggle Rock, too...and love that they're making a comeback!

      Delete