Friday, February 27, 2015

Friday Wrapup

Let's get to it!

***

I don't know why, but for some reason this video of Franciscan monks throwing snowballs at each other, squealing and laughing, just makes me laugh. Apparently, they're monks in Jerusalem, which hasn't seen snow since the 1990s. 

I can't help what makes me laugh, you guys! 



***
This week's book was brought to you by my never-ending thoughtfulness. Or, trying to figure out what on earth to get my dad for Christmas. Either way, it ended in this post, and so the blogging and reading world should be happy. Check out "The Innovators" (which is on my FOREVER LONG list) and browse around for more inspiration!

***

And now, a programming note. You've probably noticed that I've been a little less consistent with the blogging lately, and that's due to a variety of factors - only one of which is the growing human inside of me that renders me SO TIRED all of the time. But between the heightened demands of my job, the aforementioned human baby, and forgetting what day it is more often than in my past, I've been slacking.

So I'm here to say....well, it probably won't change for a while. And thanks for sticking with me! I will certainly be posting once during the week in addition to Friday, so you dry those tears, it'll all be ok! And some weeks I may even surprise myself and be the three-day-a-weeker that we've grown to know, love, and tolerate.

But for right now, I need to give myself a break and blog a little less (i.e. twice a week). And, again, thanks for sticking with me!

***

I'm not even going to get into the Great Debate of 2015 over that stupid dress, you guys. I'm not. You know why? Because it's white and gold and you people are crazy who see blue and black. I do realize that there are more important things in the world, but this sh*t is bananas. (and if you have zero clue about which I speak, click here.

***

God I love this. These kids are JAMMIN' to Led Zepplin. And I love the kid in the Oregon shirt who kind of can't be bothered with band?


***

And now, the Video of the Week. Since it's my dad's birthday today (Happy Birthday, Dad!), I wanted to pay tribute to his love of all things James Brown and play a video not at all by James Brown. However, my dad does have a man-crush on Bruno Mars. And since he loved the live version I put up here a few months ago, I figured I'd share the actual video with you all in honor of his BIRTHDAY.

Enjoy, dad! (and the rest of you, but mainly dad). Happy Birthday!


2 comments:

  1. I'll be stickin around! :) Wonder what my excuse is for always being tired.... hmmmm..... not creating a human so who knows! ha ha! Those kids are amazing, I saw that video the other day and have watched it so many times, so thanks for posting it cause now I'll listen to it like four more times. It's awesome!! Way better than mary had a little lamb. ha ha! As for that dress, I'd like everyone to just STOP. It's white and gold. END OF STORY. :) Have a great weekend lady! ---Amanda

    ReplyDelete