Friday, February 28, 2014

Friday Wrapup

Oh good, more snow on the way! I was worried. Let's get to it!

***

Let's all sing along!




***

This week's book is "Arc of Justice", which centers on a famous race-related trial in the 1920's and "focuses on the history of the KKK, the NAACP, Clarence Darrow, the major trials of the era, and culminates in a good depiction of the trials" that resulted from the initial incident that brought us to that trial in the first place. Click here to read more about it and browse around for some other book suggestions!

***
Earlier this week I experienced the best time of the year, which is when a friend has bought some Girl Scout cookies and I go into her refrigerator and eat one.

You see, I pride myself on having the self control to not purchase Girl Scout cookies each year because I realize that some people (i.e. me) cannot eat just one (sorry, Pringles). Instead, I blink and all of a sudden a sleeve of cookies is gone and my stomach hurts and I fall into a shame spiral that lasts until I get a taste for some peanut butter and chocolate again. Rinse, repeat.

ANYWAY, all of that is out the window now that they've created a GIRL SCOUT COOKIE LOCATOR APP. What is this world coming to? And why are we just figuring out that this is what humanity has needed for decades? I need to download that app immediately go back to work and stop thinking about it.

***

And now, the Video of the Week! I can't help it - this song FORCES me to bop along, and potentially clap along out in public, leading people to switch to the other side of the street. C'mon, people, clap along!

Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment