Friday, June 20, 2014

Friday Wrapup

Let's get to it!

***

First, I want to thank you guys for sticking it out with me these last few weeks when I've been a lazy blogger. Things at work - and in life - have been a bit crazy lately and my blogging abilities are not what they should be. BUT, I'm working on a few (hopefully good?) posts for next week, so stay tuned for that - PLUS, this weekend is my bachelorette party, so...........I'm guessing there might be one or two stories? So check back on Monday!

***

This week's book is called "The Goldfinch" by Donna Tartt. Basically, I'm the only person in my family who's yet to read it and so I'm posting this as a way to shame myself into getting my act together and reading a bunch of books on my list!

So, check out the post here and maybe we can read it together? Virtual Book Club!

***

This is more or less what I do basically when I'm getting ready in the morning. Reciting Beyonce lyrics is a known past-time in my home, and while I feel like I sing it exactly like her, sometimes I just talk-sing because it's easier not to be ashamed by my lack of talent that way.

So, obviously I'm posting this.


***

This is appropriate as we celebrate the first day of summer tomorrow. Also, in this video you can replace guinea pigs with me and you've basically got what it's like to sit next to me at a summer picnic. Or the dinner table.

I just keep watching this on repeat because I'm either incredibly tired or really hungry. OR I LOVE ADORABLE THINGS AND THE WORLD NEEDS MORE BEAUTY LIKE THIS. One of those things. Watermelon is delicious, guinea pigs, you are correct.


***

And now, the Video of the Week. As I mentioned, this weekend is my bachelorette party and I'm kind of INCREDIBLY excited. Also, I feel like I've grown as a person during the planning process of the party because I've been surprisingly calm and non-anxious over not knowing at all what we're doing (which I think is sometimes referred to as a "surprise.") But I fully trust my girlfriends and soon-to-be family members to not make me wear penis tiara's (unless you give me tequila first) and do make me have fun. Those are two pretty simple requirements, I believe.

And so, this is a fitting tribute to what I imagine is going to be a tamer version of CB's bachelor party last weekend (which he literally just fully recovered from on Wednesday.) Happy Friday, everyone! See you Monday!







No comments:

Post a Comment