Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday Wrapup!

Let's get right to it!

***

We're spending the weekend in New York state with some friends - which includes four kids - and so you'll likely have a great story on Monday about how I definitely don't know what the hell I'm doing when it comes to kids and may actually allow them to do things that their parents don't encourage by accident. That happens a lot, mainly because I'm like 'I have no idea, they're your kids, what's the deal?' and then that whole 'It takes a village' notion flies right out the window.

Whatever, CB's great with kids, so I'm usually just like 'You see that tall guy over there? Go jump on him!' and then I drink wine.

Anyway, something to look forward to reading on Monday!

***
This was taken at CB's place several
months ago. It's possible the sun had
not completely set. Also, I may have
been eaten by a blanket monster.
I got an email this morning from a friend with a link to this and all he said was: "God, please become this person."

Um, how does this woman have friends and/or a fiance who hasn't poisoned her diet food yet?

However, I'm definitely on board with bed time rules and wish someone would insist on me going to bed by 8:30 every night. Perhaps I will create this household rule for myself starting immediately. Also, it's possible that I've already been secret-doing this for years.

***

This week's Book of the Week is by an author whose books I've enjoyed in the past, and it's likely that you have, too. He's famous for writing "The Kite Runner" and "A Thousand Splendid Suns," and his new book, "And The Mountains Echoed" seems to put author Khaled Hosseini in the category of "author I trust" now - if you write two or three solid books that multiple people in my family like? You're alright by me.

So, check out the review here and let me know what you think!

***

And now, the Video of the Week. This song popped up on my Shuffle playlist earlier today and it always gets to me. DAMN YOU BEN FOLDS! But it gets to me in the best way possible. So, enjoy, have a great weekend, and see ya' all next week!

Also, what would you like to see as a Video of the Week? I want to know! Some of you have sent me music/videos in the past and I've featured them here and there are weeks where I'm just at a loss. So help a girl out!




7 comments:

  1. The bride in that link is INSANE!!! I mean, yeah, special day, yada yada yada. But controlling haircuts and weight and everything else? No. Just no.

    Signed,
    A Happy, Fat, Tattooed Girl Who Just Went From Deep Red Hair To Bright Blonde!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, that bride. I think I'm going to send that out if I ever get engaged... that way, no matter what I do, my bridal party will be all "Psh, thank GOD she's not like that one chick!"

    So... in a way, I think we should thank her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah I love that picture of you!

    That bridezilla sounds terrifying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thanks!

      Right? At least I haven't gone THAT kind of crazy!

      Delete
  4. Had a good friend sing The Luckiest at our wedding. Gets me every time too!

    ReplyDelete