Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Wrapup

I'm standing upright (for the most part) and the sun is shining - are we ready for the weekend? Let's get to it.

First of all, thanks for all of your comments yesterday. I'm definitely feeling better even though I'm still moving kind of delicately and sometimes forget that my back is mad at me and drop to my knees. But overall, it's going much better, guys - thanks!

***
So yesterday, CB and I officially started our apartment search because he realizes that waking up to the beauty that is me each day is something he wants to lock in. Obviously. And it went really well!

Except for when I accidentally started talking to a stranger, thinking she was maybe the person showing us the apartment? She was not. However, she was lovely and friendly and said that she started walking towards me and talking because I seemed to know her. Likely because I was sort of casually walking towards her and creepily smiling and asking if she was going to show us her apartment.

Uh, I'm lucky I wasn't arrested for stalking.

But the most important part of this story is that when I turned around to get some backup from CB when I realized the error of my ways, he was, like, 50 feet from me, turned the other way, and pretending that he wasn't with me.

Me, walking over to him: "That wasn't the realtor."
CB, not looking at me: "Yeah, no kidding."
Me: "Also, don't think I didn't notice that you totally distanced yourself from me like we weren't together!"
CB, laughing: "I definitely did. Sorry. I had to let you go down alone."
Me: "I could sense it. The moment you realized she wasn't the realtor you were like 'I'm out!'"
CB: "It's true. I'm sorry, but you can't go up to everyone who walks in!"
Me: "I'm meeting people!"
CB: "Please. Please don't meet anymore people, ok? Please just talk to people who talk to us. Deal?"
Me: "Yeah, that's fair. Deal."

Cut to: an hour later we were back at his place talking about the apartment we just saw and all the money we'd save.

CB: "We're moving on up!"
Me: "Just like the Jeffersons!" 

And then we high fived.

Adults do that, right?

Moving on.

***

Check out this week's Book of the Week by clicking here. I'm adding this book to my ever-growing "must read" list, and if you're looking for the next good read yourself, check out the book blog archives - you might just find something you like!

***

This weekend, we will be celebrating the union of two dear friends and tearing it up old school style. Or, I still won't be able to move my torso with ease and I'll just be super refined and lady-like, sipping wine and chatting with friends.

Oh my God, no, that won't happen. So don't worry, there will be plenty of blog material on Monday! But in honor of tearing it up old school style and the fact that we lost the Kriss in our Kross this week, the Video of the Week shall now pay tribute to an anthem from my youth.

So enjoy your Friday, have a FABULOUS weekend, and be careful when blow drying your hair!







13 comments:

  1. Awesome video! And glad you found an apartment and a new friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We don't know about the apartment yet, but we'll keep you posted. :)

      Delete
  2. My boyfriend and I just moved into a very nice condo together. Right after we signed the lease and they gave us the keys and left the place we looked at each other and said "We are moving on up Jeffersons style" and high-fived. So yes adults do that :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's awesome! Glad we're not alone on that one. :)

      Delete
  3. So glad you're feeling a bit better! And yay for apartment hunting.

    Yes: Adults totally high-five.

    Also, I hope you get that apartment because that lady is obviously going to be an awesome neighbor. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      Right? I think it was a sign. :-) Unless we don't get the apartment...and then it's totally not a sign.

      Delete
  4. Nope, sorry. My husband and I fist bump. Sometimes with sound effects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahah I would totally do that-the talking to stranger part, not the ditching you part. At least CB just distances himself-my husband tries to shush me which is just WAY more embarrassing because it feels like I'm being scolded.

    Woohoo on the apartment search!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're right, that's definitely embarrassing!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  6. At first, I was like...no adults really don't high five. But then I started remembering how many times lately John has high-fived me. Maybe this is a new cool adult thing and I'm just out of the loop. Totally possible.

    Also - don't feel bad; John frequently pretends he's not with me. Hope you two get the apartment of your dreams :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My darling husband has never, ever abandoned me in public, no matter how much I embarrass him. That said, he started refusing to actually go out in public with me within two years of our wedding.

    I'm wondering, perhaps your back was damaged somehow when you were hit in the midriff with a shoe? Or maybe you're just not strong enough to carry all that awesome around everywhere (that's the excuse I always use when I have an ouchy). Either way, well done on the back injury. You now have a valid reason to delegate all the heavy lifting to CB when you move into the new apartment. Which I'm totally sure you'll get.

    ReplyDelete