Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Friday Funday! Oh, and you guys for real should up your standards for reading material. C'mon, America.


Friday Funday Wrapup!

First of all, thanks to all of you who have faithfully been reading over the last few weeks and re-posting and sending great notes and texts – you’re the best! And for those of you who wrote me about where yesterday’s post was....Ok! Ok! You will have a fresh new post on Monday!

Sidebar: I believe this blog is completely worth it for one very special reason: yesterday I actually got an email from my dad about Michael Kors.

Best. Email. Ever.

Ok, onto the wrapup.

This is a great way to start the morning! It reminds me of when my dad and I would drive around singing “The Lion Sleeps Tonight.”

Also, if you don’t know The Bloggess (for shame), check out the link to your right.  I’ve been reading her for more than a year and laugh out loud on a regular basis. And NOW she’s gone and become big-time by writing a book and having it appear on the New York Times Bestseller list! I bought it last weekend and have been laughing ever since. Plus, it’s way better than some of the other stuff that’s out there right now.

Friend: “Why on earth are people reading this book?”
Me: “I have no idea, it’s terribly written. But I think a lot of people are hard up.”
Friend: “I should’ve gotten the taxidermy book instead.”

So if that isn’t a rousing endorsement, I don’t know what is!


I am big time now. Ask about it.


And, because a certain someone is still really mad at me for making her read the book even though I couldn't bear to finish it myself, she sent me this since she tries to bring up this terrible book every chance she gets.

Also, I have really stellar taste in literature. Anyone who knows me knows that my review of "Stori Telling" by Tori Spelling totally put her on the map. You're welcome, America. So if I'm judging a book as bad, let's get us some standards, shall we?

Keep sending me clips you think I should include in my Friday Funday Wrapup – I love your input!
 TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment