Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Friday Funday Wrapup and why I want Betty White to come with me to the dentist today.


It’s Friday Funday everyone! Let’s get to it.

First of all, I’m going to the dentist this afternoon and just recovered from a full-on flop sweat because this just happened:

I’m trying a new dentist in the city today, and while I was filling out the new client form online, I noticed that the doctor who will be seeing me is kind of cute. And by “noticed,” I mean I looked him up and checked out some pictures to see if I should be embarrassed to be in a vulnerable position with him. I should be.

However, then I flashed back to the episode of The Golden Girls – obviously – when Rose gets felt-up by her dentist and he denies it and it’s a whole lesson-learning, don’t-go-to-the-dentist-and-get-knocked-out-and-then-felt-up, tear-jerker of an episode.  And my mind reeled, which lead to the sweaty panic because: (a) it should be a rule that you can’t be hot and a doctor of any kind, because that just makes everyone feel weird, and (b) I’m not the kind of girl a hot doc would feel up if he had to choose one, I’m pretty sure. And that made my heart cry.

Also, it’s possible that my boyfriend was right the other day when he said that I’ve never known a day of normal in my life.

Rose would know what to do.

Secondly, have you guys been watching the Olympics? Things are getting intense! First of all, did anyone think there’d be dirty play in…..BadmintonAlso, I want to know what Gabby Douglas' secret is because, for real, that girl has the best smile! I wonder who her dentist is......

Thirdly, apparently the video I posted last week of the USA Olympic Swimming Team lip synching to “Call Me Maybe” was a hit. So if you missed it, check it out here.

Ok, also, I may get to meet Lauren this weekend, which is sort of awesome and also might make me a stalker. We were talking shop via email recently and then she mentioned coming to NYC this weekend for BlogHer. And then I made some comment about being a creepy stalker and, while being totally gracious and self-depricating, I’m pretty sure she’s now changing all of her weekend plans so that I don’t find her in Times Square and follow her around with my camera.

And lastly, I have two pieces of some pretty big news coming up in the next few weeks, so stay tuned. I know that’s a tease, but I promise it’ll be worth it!

Happy Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment