Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Funday Wrapup with a whole new look!

Happy Friday everyone! It's the Friday Funday Wrapup and, as you can see, we've got a whole new look now!

I must start this wrapup with a HUGE thank you to the designer who actually did this whole thing for me, Aileen Barker (you can check her out here). She's not only a talented designer, she's INCREDIBLY kind and patient and put up with requests that probably should've gotten me laughed out of the blogging world. I believe there may have been an "urgent" message from me last week that simply said:

"Ok, so the most important thing is that I have glitter icons. Can we make this happen?"

I mean, I've got my priorities firmly in their place, people.

Also, a big shout out to my friends who put up with endless questions about design and color and sizes of icons that they don't actually care about but pretend to care about because that's what friends do. Especially CB, who literally sat with me one night and went point by point on things I wanted to tweak, add, delete, etc.

So THANK YOU, I hope you guys like it!

***

Ok, so for those of you who don't know, this is my favorite time of year. Not only because we're moving into fall and the clothes are way better and everything's cozy, but because it's college football season!


Also, it should be noted here that I really know very little about college football except for that I like it when MSU wins and the other team loses. And that watching college football is the most fun way possible to spend a Saturday afternoon. Except I still secretly feel bad for whoever the losing team is (as long as it's not the University of Michigan or Notre Dame), which I think I got from my mom who can't watch a baseball game without feeling badly when the pitcher gets pulled by the coach.

Anyway, in honor of Michigan State University's first football game tonight to kick off the season, I thought I'd share this with you. Also, I know everyone isn't sick of that song yet, so.....

***


Uh, could these kids be any cuter?


***


And lastly, for those of you doing any sort of entertaining for this holiday weekend, a few tips:

1. Don't make fried chicken unless you have very heavy prescription drugs on hand
2. Check out my friend's cooking blog, "Chew, Nibble, Nosh" over in "Stuff I Like." She's got some great (and tasty) recipes that won't make you cry when you make them! Win/win. And while you're over there, check out the other links, too! I wouldn't steer you wrong, people.

Happy Friday/Labor Day/You Don't Have to Work on Monday!









3 comments:

  1. YAY! The site looks awesome, Becky! I love it. Congratulations! :) Also, thanks for the shout out and GO STATE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I couldn't have done it without you! Plus, your blog rocks and so do your recipes, it's the least I could do!

    GO STATE!

    ReplyDelete